My Blog List

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

=Self-sacrifice: a mini-essay=

All the major sorrows, mistakes, and regrets in my life I see now were the consequence of well-intentioned decisions on my part to do what would please others at the expense of my own desires. If I had one piece of advice to give anyone, it would be to accept the risk of one day regretting that you'd lived too selfish a life rather than risk looking back and regretting that you sacrificed traveling your own path to help someone else travel theirs. If you're going to suffer from selfishness, it's better to suffer from your own. As for that great exemplar of selflessness whose example we are heeded to imitate, one has to swallow an awful lot of nonsense and blind oneself to a terrifying number of atrocities committed in his name to believe that Jesus Christ accomplished anything truly worthwhile by allowing himself to be crucified.

No comments:

Post a Comment