My Blog List

Sunday, June 21, 2015

=Clarice Lispector=

The chicken had no desire to sacrifice her life. She who had chosen to be 'happy.' She remained true to herself. She who thought satisfaction was a gift rather than a ploy to keep her totally distracted until the egg had been formed. She who did not know that 'I' is only one of the words people jot down on paper when answering the telephone, a mere attempt to find some more convenient form. She who thought that 'I' means to possess a selfness. The chickens in greatest danger of harming the egg are those who pursue a relentless I. Their I is so persistent that they cannot pronounce the word egg. But who knows, perhaps this is precisely what the egg needs. Because if they were not so distracted and were to pay closer attention to the great life forming inside them, they might disturb the egg.

No comments:

Post a Comment