My Blog List

Monday, June 15, 2015

=mental confetti=

I suppose, to be succinct, you might say that I'm pretty indifferent to the outside world. I've never drawn much in the way of nourishment from it; early experience taught me how to comfort, pleasure, and entertain myself because I certainly couldn't depend on such nourishment coming from any other source. As I've come to see it, that's not a bad thing to learn sooner rather than too late, just the opposite, actually, since most people learn it too late. In the end, each of us stands alone (or, more accurately, lies dying alone), and we'd better learn how to find everything we need within ourselves. I've learned to live my entire life as if I were already on my death-bed, as if I had been born into the after-life, and that's not the worst thing in the world to have learned even if it hasn't been a million laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment