My Blog List

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

=3 Sonnets=

I am convinced that the greatest drawback about writing is that one has to use words.—Clarice Lispector


1.
…like-minded popcorn. There I was
methodically covering a fish in paint
blinking what would bother the critics.
What oblivion do you
not understand? Benzoyl peroxide.
I didn’t say, “He’s not my father.”
BLURRING Blur +
Instant Ways to Know Without Me?
I swore I wouldn’t do it anymore.
A writer writing for money is no more
or less admirable to me than a sex-worker
who fucks for it. Someone else
lived most of my life. But that’s okay;
it’s still other people who are dad dead.

2.
Calling on his breast and the copper
dagger of Inanna.
The servants who follow
one’s carriage must have at least a few
good points. Call the next witness,
said the king. The sphere of their influence
is confined to their own.
If reminded of the proceedings against him
he flew into a rage. “Oh you
lifeless accursed automaton!”
For three days now a little dribble begins.
An agent that increases the functional
with a mulatto girl. My love for the egg
is a motor stimulant.


3.
More gray weather. Light rain.
Breakfast. Don’t know what I did exactly.
Wrote a poem.
Hungry. Probably ate too much (for lunch).
Things I wish I hadn’t said: how great a movie
I once thought Natural Born Killers was.
How I used to cook a London broil.
Why people are conservatives.
Did laundry.
Washed hair. Sat on porch.
Pulled weeds.
Read more Ron Padgett. Every time our digestion works, we should stop, notice, be thankful.  Nothing
is the past. I’m imagining it all.


No comments:

Post a Comment