My Blog List

Saturday, March 21, 2015

=Legend in My Mind=

I'm recalling his spectacular suicide
and his amazing resurrection only moments later
as someone six inches taller. His expertise
in Chinese history was world-renowned, not to mention
his personal friendship with Jesus, who he could call upon
at the drop of a hat, and often did, to yank
him out of many a dicey jam, the Last Stand
at the Little Big Horn comes immediately to mind.
What was he thinking when he killed the family dog?
Who knows? But I'll tell you one thing for sure, 
no man could grow a faster beard. His ability
to summon wasps, his retinue of can-can girls,
his wizardry with salads and astral hieroglyphics
remain unsurpassed. So what if he could never find
his car keys? Once I saw him climb a ladder 
propped on nothing. Instead of dying like anyone else 
when his time came he moved to Houston.

No comments:

Post a Comment