My Blog List

Saturday, March 28, 2015

=Bad Dream Factory=

All last night I lay there churning out 
one bad dream after another. I was like 
a bad dream factory. First I was chasing
my heart, which turned out to be a fat toad, 
across a scorching desert. Each time it
jumped it landed with a disgusting green plop,
always keeping one hop ahead of me. Then
I was arrested for eating a talking hot dog.
Or for not eating it. I can't remember. 
My punishment was to return to high school
that's when I knew I was having a nightmare.
There was something else about a plane
crash and evil leprechauns and then 
I was married to someone who always left
a lot of dirty dishes in the sink. Somehow 
I managed to produce all this and it wasn't 
even four a.m. yet. There were hours still to go.
Hours of flying grandmothers, chocolate eels,
and lost cars. How was I going to get through
the night? Where was it all coming from?
When at last it was time to wake up
I was already exhausted. Just grateful that when
I rolled over I didn't find myself in bed 
with Ulysses S. Grant. There was a headache
spreading inside my right eye, and when
I looked in the mirror I saw a beautiful flower
blooming there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment