My Blog List

Friday, July 17, 2015

=The Aspergers Sonnets=

"No" is the strongest stimulation to "yes."
—I.K. Bonset

15.
When I wake up I've got my daddy's cock
in my mouth. I don't remember what
got me here or why. I'm in Pennsylvania.
His fists slam the table. The cutlery
hums. The parakeet cocks his head
listening to the fault lines under the linoleum.
I feel like a jigsaw puzzle. The whole
kitchen floor might unconditionally surrender. 
I pencil in my eyes and mouth. The lipstick
is all my fault. The man instructed me 
with great gentleness to spread my cheeks
and show him my pink rosebud. The peas 
shuddered in the cream. His gray 
erect thumb. The fork frozen like that forever.

16.
The yard was a galaxy of dandelions
over which I crabwalked with a spike
in my hand and the command to dig,
dig them up by the roots. Daddy, your story
is too big for my mouth. Sad to say
no one stops saying right then and there.
The mirror reflects the wall like the wall
to another room whose secrets I’ll never
know. Who, then, is that startled woman
looking back at me? I hope I run out
of stamps on the morning I write the letter
telling you where I am.  In a jar
a dandelion will refuse water, the sun,
love, everything. You’ll never get the root.

No comments:

Post a Comment