My Blog List

Monday, October 2, 2017





The Post-Me

Oh, how sick & tired I am of myself.
I've lived with myself for too long
I've wasted the best years of my life with me.
I've put up with enough of my abuse.
I'm fed up to here with me.
I want a divorce from me.
We have irreconcilable differences, myself and I.
I'm tired of my excuses.
I'm tired of hearing that I'm going to try again.
I'm hopeless.
I'm a lost cause.
Let's face it, I'm never going to change.
And I'm not going to take myself any longer.
I'm just making a fool of myself.
I've had enough!
I'm leaving.
I don't ever want to see myself again.
Don't write.
Don't call.
Don't come around looking to make amends.
I don't want to hear any more of my empty promises.
I'm sick of my sob stories, my "I'm sorries." 
Stuff'em!
They mean nothing to me.
I've learned that the hard way by now.
I'm not going to enable my sorry ass one minute longer.
I'm not the same old sucker I used to be.
I don't care what I say, what I threaten.
I fucking mean it this time.
I can go jump off a bridge for all I care.
That's not my business; it's no longer any concern of mine.
Go ahead and try me.
I'm through. 
Do I understand?
Through.
I'm walking out that door and never looking back.
Oh I won't, won't I?
Well, just watch me wise-guy.
I'm going somewhere where I can never find me.
I'm starting a new life without me.
No, it's not someone else, it's me.
Why can't I get that through that thick head of mine?
It's me me me me me.
But that's all over, thank god.
This is the post-me.
This is the what-comes-after-me.
This is the world without me.
And boy is it about time.
I can see the world without me already.
It's beautiful.
And I can't wait to be there.
It’s like I can finally breathe again.
Goodbye, asshole.

No, I'm not back already, you smirking shithead.
I forgot my keys.

No comments:

Post a Comment