My Blog List

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

=A small ironic poem of encapsulated bitterness I don't really feel anymore=

After a while you begin to notice
that everything looks like a symptom of cancer.

Not long after that you realize
everything is.

I was searching for the one true thing
in the landscape
to set my compass by.

Darling, you weren't it.

But that's okay.
I didn't know how to read a compass back then anyway.

Still don't now.

If it looks to you like I'm writing in fragments
that's just an illusion of the eye.

Like pointillism.

Read faster.
Or, better yet, stand further away.

No, a little further than that.

One step from the edge of the horizon will do.
Put your foot on that banana peel while you're at it.
Yes, it's a cheap sight gag
but it's still effective
and we're not above a cheap laugh.
Especially nowadays when the real thing comes
at so steep a price.

Speaking of steep...

Don't forget to pinwheel your arms 
on the way down. People
always find that irresistibly amusing.

I can't tell you how much I still love to say it:
"So long!"

No comments:

Post a Comment