My Blog List

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

=Are we not, then, human? If so, let me know, because that would at least make two of us=

Has this ever happened to you?
You put your nightie on
and it's inside out. So you take
it off, reverse it,
and when you put it back on
it's still inside out.

Or you weigh yourself fully dressed

and again naked and your weight
is exactly the same.

Do you then look into the middle distance 

with a sardonic expression
and address yourself thus to the listening
of an empty room:
"Look, at least be realistic.
A nightie cannot have two wrong sides.
One simply cannot weigh the same
clothed and naked. 
Clothes have to weigh something
You can't defy the rules of physics
just to spite me.
Because if that's the way you're going to rig
the game
there's no sense in me even playing."

Do you wait a beat

as if really expecting an answer?

Be honest.

Have you ever done something like this?
I'm addressing the empty room now
but I'm talking to you.
Are you listening?
Are you even there?
Is anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment