My Blog List

Thursday, May 8, 2014

=collaboration with diane keys=



::This has gone back and forth a couple of times between Diane & I. I'm not sure if it's finished or not. I'll send it back to her & see what she thinks. 

I haven't done many collaborations & I'm not sure I'm ultimately a very good person to collaborate with. While I enjoy the process & I find it a spur to creativity, I think I have an obsessional tendency to keep on working a piece until to my eye it is "finished," thereby not leaving enough space for my collaborator. 

Even more problematic: Two-way communication comes difficult to someone like me, by which I mean, someone as severely introverted and socially maladapted as I am. Either I receive a signal or I broadcast one, but the rule is that it's strictly one or the other and the attempt at "communication" is always conducted between two points at such long distance from each other as to render the entire exercise almost purely hypothetical, more an inquiry into the possibility of communication than actual communication. Each signal is at least partially disintegrated before it arrives; one can safely depend on misinterpretation. 

Only in the rarest of instances do I feel I've achieved actual two-way contact with another human being. Fortunately for me I am married to one such person.::

No comments:

Post a Comment