My Blog List

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

=some sketchbook pages=


--a couple of experiments using a "jittery" line, as if my pen were connected directly to my brain by wires and recording my brainwaves so that I'm functioning as a biological ECG machine while I'm drawing/seeing the scene in front of me: a view up 7th Avenue in Park Slope and a street corner on Nostrand Avenue, Brooklyn, respectively. 

The ultimate notion is to add life to the line, specifically the life of the viewer, to find a drawing line as unique as a personal signature, and also to show the brain's attempt to make sense of the light waves and particles which is the "real" stuff from which our mediated view of the world is built. 

Therefore the line, which is more or less continuous from the beginning of the drawing to the end, is constantly refining the image, leaving the early approximations and distortions intact, which is what I think impart whatever "life" there may be to the image, that being the attempt itself to see it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment